BeMed Case –
Carrying out a field analysis in 4 target areas to better understand the local context and identify potential pilot projects and partners to prevent plastic pollution in the Mediterranean area.
ConsultantSeas supported the BeMed association in conducting a field analysis in 4 target areas. The study aimed to better understand the local context related to plastic pollution, to identify potential pilot projects and relevant companies/partners to implement them through the Business Club.
This technical study is part of the setting up of the BeMed Business Club, for which ConsultantSeas also supports the BeMed association. The Business Club brings together companies that are committed to implementing concrete solutions to prevent plastic pollution in the Mediterranean.
It is made up of the founding members of the BeMed association (the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation, the Mava Foundation, the Tara Ocean Foundation, Surfrider Foundation Europe and the IUCN), a scientific committee and 11 corporate members.
Find out more about the BeMed association and its Business Club in our case study.
- Context analysis in Tunisia, Morocco, Lebanon and Marseille
- Carrying out a documentary study to i/ identify local issues, ii/ define the actions to be taken, iii/ map the stakeholders and identify their role in the problems identified
- Conducting a field analysis based on telephone interviews
- Drafting of one report per country with a complete summary of the studies carried out
- Production of a mapping of companies
- Elaboration of action scenarios based on an umbrella report taking into account the 4 country analyses
“A good understanding of the local context, of the players and of the issues related to plastic pollution is essential to implement appropriate, effective and sustainable solutions. The field analysis carried out by ConsultantSeas will ensure the relevance of our work in the targeted regions.»
Lucile Courtial, Executive Secretary Beyond Plastic Med“
- Comprehensive and well-sourced field analysis to understand the issues related to plastic pollution and their local implications
- An informed choice for an impactful pilot project to prevent plastic pollution in the Mediterranean region.
- Identified actors for a quick and efficient implementation of the selected scenario
- 7 new companies committed to the Club following the mapping exercise
- A first pilot project for a zero single-use plastic hotel in Marseille is being implemented.